Leucistic House Finch

 The leucistic house finch is still coming to the feeder!

For months now, this pale beauty has been hanging around with the other house finches and I'm please to see that it's still here. Leucistic and albino animals almost always have a shorter lifespan in the wild, due to them being easier to spot by predators. 



Just look at those pink legs!!


In the photo below, a normal house finch is on the right, while the leucistic house finch is on the left. Having them together really brings home the difference!



Comments

  1. I'm wondering if it's the same one that often visits my feeders. Check out the last pic in the link: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1MQwcAfAgNKw-YnOZ4y6VSmsuQaWbuY9X?usp=share_link
    I'm in the college heights area. Garth

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you! Because of spam, all comments go through moderation before going live.