Ojai, CA - Keith Harkin Concert

 As a loyal fan of Celtic Thunder, when I heard Keith Harkin was having an intimate dinner show outside on a farm in Ojai, I jumped at the chance to see him.

What I didn't expect was how hard I would fangirl when I got my photo taken with him. I was literally shaking. This, form a woman who never had posters of musicians on her wall as a teenager. Go me. 

To get the the event, you had to park your car just off the road, walk across a suspension bridge (!!), through tall grass and past livestock.

There was a barbeque buffet and drinks and once the sun set Keith began his set. We weren't disappointed. 

Edit: What I didn't know, was that I would come home with 3 tick bites and a case of Lyme disease. Was it worth it? Hell, yeah! 


The suspension bridge we had to cross!

A local greets us

Can this be any more intimate?

I'm barely able to contain myself! He even put his arm around me when he saw how nervous I was!





Mmmm Barbeque!

The farm

As I mentioned in the edit above, I ended up with Lyme disease from ticks I picked up at the farm. I'm not mad, I'm not suing (why would I?!!?!?). I'm just glad I got the tell-tale bullseye rash so I could quickly go on antibiotics and wouldn't end up with long term damage. 

Initial bites, with doctor pen marks around the redness

How they looked ten days later

That said, I'm so glad I went. The evening was cool and clear, there was great food, and I got to meet one of my favorite singers!


Comments